Status Type Full-Time
Department Banking Center
Work Hours Monday – Friday w/Saturday rotation
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
The Relationship Banker – Travel provides support to various banking centers within the assigned district/s and is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service while utilizing a consultative sales process to proactively provide solutions to assist new and existing customers in achieving their financial goals. The Relationship Banker also provides sales, service and operational support to the retail banking center team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 1 – 3 Years experience in function
* 0 – 1 Years experience in industry
* NMLS registration required
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver effective communication (verbal and written) proactively with a customer-oriented approach.
* Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales and service goals and initiatives; well-developed selling, cross-selling and referral skills.
* Thorough understanding of banking operations, product knowledge, sales, and new business development preferred.
* Strong attention to detail, while demonstrating accuracy in performing all work assignments. Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Excellent problem solving ability; able to make sound and reasonable decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction with the Bank’s exposure to loss and/or fraud.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; core banking software experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for opening accounts, consumer loans, home equity lines of credit, referrals to business partners and operating a cash drawer.
* Consistently execute activities and behaviors to meet established sales, cross-sell and referral goals; conduct outbound calls and facilitate relationship review conversations with new and existing customers to establish, retain and expand relationships.
* Analyze financial and personal data to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer needs, educate customers on various products and services, explaining key features and benefits to deliver appropriate solutions and close sales.
* Monitor and manage accounts and relationships with new and existing customers; contact customers after opening accounts as part of the customer on-boarding process.
* Maintain comprehensive knowledge of products and services to support customer needs; proactively support sales campaign initiatives.
* Identify and resolve customer service issues; maintain professional poise and remain calm under pressure of time constraints and potential difficult customer situations.
* May provide assistance in completing procedures related to compliance, audit, opening and closing the banking center each day and support in training new and existing team members.
* May support the Banking Center Manager in providing overrides, and observing and providing feedback to the Teller team.
* Keep the Banking Center Manager informed of all decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service that s/he is responsible for.
* Perform all duties in accordance with regulatory, operational, security and audit policies and procedures.
Other / Miscellaneous
* Actively participate and assist in the facilitation of daily and weekly banking center team meetings.
* Participate in Community Reinvestment Act efforts and activities.
* Provide support on sales campaigns and other initiatives.
As a Chemical Banker, you will join other professionals who share our community banking philosophy of making a positive impact where we live, work and play. You will be a part of a growing community bank that believes in the dreams of its customers and employees alike. With Chemical Bank, you will make a difference in your community while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities. Visit our Careers Page for more information.
Chemical Bank is an EEO/AA employer for M/F, Veteran, and disabled persons
More jobs at Chemical Bank