The Quality Manager plans, directs, coordinates and conducts activities concerned with the company quality system and will act as the Management Representative for the IATF 16949 system.Â Interprets, implements and directs quality system programs to ensure quality control of production documentation and processes in accordance with corporate quality standards.
Quality Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews, administers and maintains current IATF 16949 quality system registration.
- Management representative for IATF 16949 purposes.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection and evaluation.
- Writes quality assurance policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Plans and oversees personnel engaged in conducting internal quality audits, line audits, receiving audits and dock audits.
- Maintains the standards library.
- Provides training to employees on topics related to quality assurance.
- Maintains master files, PO folders, engineering change notices, internal corrective action and non-conforming materials, risk analysis and product launch data.
- Compiles statistical data and writes narrative reports summarizing quality assurance findings.
- Cooperates with top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures and goals.
Quality Manager Requirements and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering or related technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Quality Leadership role.
- Experienced in IATF 16949 quality system or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA and SPC.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
More jobs at Amptech