Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifukuna.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan – the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Production Supervisor.
Reporting to the Plant Manager,supervises and coordinates the activities of production workers. Assign work related tasks to shop employees. Order shop supplies. Liaison between shop and Engineering. Advise Plant Manager of manpower, overtime, or equipment needs to maintain job schedule.
Major areas of Responsibility:
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of company products.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities between plants.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe and monitor work to ensure that employees conform to production standards.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Monitor records of employees’ attendance and hours worked.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Liaison between shop and Engineering for manufacturing requirements.
- Order shop supplies as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3-5 years experience working with metal
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in machining, fabrication and welding
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Experience with manufacturing software
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1233 and leave a message and your call will be returned.
More jobs at Daifuku Web Holding Company