PKC Group is a globalÂ partner, designing, manufacturing and integrating electrical distribution systems, electronics and related architecture components for the commercial vehicle industry, rolling stock manufacturers and other selected segments. The Group has production facilities in Brazil, China, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Lithuania, Mexico, Poland, Russia, Serbia and the USA.Â Learn more about PKC at www.pkcgroup.com.
Position:Â Â Press Operator
Summary:Â Â The Press Operator operates and maintains high-speed presses (up to 1200 spm).Â Â Inspect produced parts for any defects. Maintain a clean, organized work area.Â Â Work well with others with a team oriented work ethic..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure personal adherence to all Environmental Health and Safety rules and procedures are maintained, including housekeeping and proper operation of tools and equipment.
- Prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Load and feed raw material through the tool, visually inspect parts as instructed utilizing all gages provided, and attach finished product to take-up, start process.
- Partial disassembly of tool to remove end of stock, miss-feed, slugs, shavings, etc. and visually inspect tool for obvious defects.Â Re-assemble and bar the press through one stroke to check for proper assembly.
- Document all paperwork required for the manufacturing process. Validate reel tags for correct quantity and part number as per Bill of Materials/Technical Data Sheet.
- Enter production data into ERP system using computer.
- Assure that all raw material and reels used in process are as specific per the Bill of Materials/Technical Data Sheet.
- Must be familiar with all types of raw material specifications to assure the proper disposition on scrap.
- Become familiar with each product and the requirements for an acceptable product.
- Must become familiar with the total operation of pay-offs, press, and take-up to identify problems in the process.
- Perform specific assignments as instructed by supervisor.
In order to be successful in this very important role, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability toÂ read, write, and perform basic math calculations to maintain accurate records.Â These skills are normally acquired through the completion of a high school education.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience with computer operation, and can comfortably navigate a windows like system using mouse and keyboard.
- Ability to move about to various locations of the facility 100% of the work time.
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 35 pounds as well as bending to transfer parts to audit skids as necessary.
- Able to adapt to change in activities and plans in order to accommodate changing schedules.
The principle place of work is Grand Traverse Stamping
This position reports directly the Manager of Manufacturing Process
The position is a regular active, full time role with competitive total rewards.
To learn about the position and apply visit:
VEVRAA Federal contractor
More jobs at PKC Group