Position Title: President’s Office Administrative Assistant
Department: Office of the President
Reports To: President’s Office Administrative Coordinator
Anticipated Starting Date: 2/1/2016
Expected Starting Salary: $15.37
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
The position serves as the first point of contact for the President’s Office and provides support, including clerical and administrative services, customer service, complex scheduling, data entry and reporting, and communications.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
* High school diploma or GED plus college coursework related to the position
* Minimum of two years’ office experience
* Ability to work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
* Computer skills, including knowledge of Internet, email, calendaring software
* Ability to learn and use Banner enterprise system (database)
* Word Processing skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft Word)
* Spreadsheet skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft Excel)
* Associate’s degree
* Database skills and experience (i.e. Microsoft Access)
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
* Ethical behavior and integrity
* Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
* Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
* Accountability/personal responsibility
* Commitment to lifelong learning
* Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
* Collaboration/Team work
* Value all people
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on 12/7/2015 will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.Required Skills:
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to review
More jobs at Northwestern Michigan College