Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of Americaâs most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts is seeking to hire Part-Time Front of House Servers. This position is to assist the Dining Services Management Team in providing meals to students, visitors and employees in a friendly customer service manner while ensuring all safety and sanitary regulations are followed.
An expected workload of 20-28 hours weekly. Hours would be Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm, 10:30am-2:30pm, orÂ 4:30pm-7:30pm. Serving times are the following,Â breakfast: 6:00am-10:00am, lunch:10:30am-2:30pm and dinner hours:Â 4:30pm-7:30pm.Â
Attendantâs responsibilities will include line serving,Â maintaining the salad bar, dining room care, dishwashingÂ and other duties as assigned. Employee must be flexible with scheduling and on occasionÂ availableÂ to include weekends. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Major duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Sets up serving lines, counters, salad bars, beverages and hot wells for all meals.
- KeepingÂ the dining area neat, clean and orderly at all times throughout and in between the meal periods.
- Serves the customers in a friendly efficient manner.
- Keep the salad bar area fully stocked and cleaned.
- Washing dishes
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Understand basic safety and sanitation regulations.
- Have hand and finger dexterity to handle serving equipment.
- Be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Past food service experience is a plus.
Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume and a current listing of three references.Â You can additionally upload these documents during the submission of the application process by selecting “Apply and continue to upload documents” button. Please upload your documents in a pdf format.Â
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
The next step of the application process will ask you a series of questions, some are required by the EEOC concerning Protected Veteran Status and Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability. For more information please view the following hyperlinks.Â
EEOC Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran Status
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
If interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of the page.Â
More jobs at Interlochen Center for the Arts