POSITION DESCRIPTION:Â Prepare and process projects needing painting. Â Projects may require chemically preparing or cleaning surfaces, masking parts with paper or tape, and sanding or grinding imperfections from surfaces.Â
REPORTS TO: Â Â Finish Supervisor
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Clean surfaces of dust or trapped dirt.
- Remove hardware and mask projects as needed with paper or tape.
- Use appropriate method to move and stage projects for painting.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble painting and blasting equipment.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure steady flow of material.
- Use hi-lo or other material handling equipment.
- Follow proper procedures for disposing of hazardous waste.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with customers and employees.
- Good reasoning and problem solving capabilities.
- Follow written and verbal directions.
- Demonstrated ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes, yard vehicles and equipment used to move product.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Varied working conditions: inside work walking on shop floor and outside work in possible inclement weather.
- Must be able to discriminate between colors and judge brightness and shade.
- Lifting of heavy objects with full range of body motions.
- Noise levels may vary.
- Periodic exposure to common toxic chemicals.
- Required to wear a respirator and special protective clothing.
- Must abide by safety rules.
More jobs at Cadillac Fabrication Inc.