LOCATION: Traverse City, MI
FACILITY: Tendercare Traverse City
Under the supervision of the assigned LPN/LVN or RN Unit Manager, performs resident/patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, safety, and comfort of residents/patients as assigned. Assists in providing a positive physical, social, and psychological environment. Follows all Center policies and procedures.
1. Assists with resident/patient care needs and comforts including but not limited to:
* *Assists or gives oral hygiene and mouth care.
* *Assists with bathing functions and dressing/undressing as necessary.
* *Assists with nail care, shaving, and hair care.
* *Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds (as assigned).
* *Keeps residents/patients dry (i.e. change gown, clothing, linen, etc.) when he/she becomes soiled or wet.
* *Checks residents/patients frequently to assure that their personal care needs are being met.
* *Answers call lights promptly.
2. Assists with nursing functions as follows:
* *Assists with care of the dying resident.
* *Maintains accurate intake and output records.
3. Performs food service functions including:
* *Prepares residents/patients for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash hands, oral care, take to, from dining room, etc.)
* *Serves food trays. Assists with feeding as indicated.
* *Records the residents/patients food fluid intake.
* *Serves between meal and bedtime snacks.
* *Keeps resident’s/patient’s water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water on each shift.
* *Performs after meal care (i.e., clean residents/patients hands, face, clothing, brush teeth, take to bathroom, etc.).
* Notes and reports changes in resident/patient eating habits, especially those on diabetic diet.
4. Assists with keeping nursing and resident/patient care area neat, sanitary, and orderly.
5. Appropriately records charges for supplies.
6. Participates in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care (“IPOC”) process as assigned.
7. Follows work assignments and schedules.
8. *Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with Center’s Corporate Compliance Program.
9. *Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
10. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
11. Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
Education: Must be eligible for and applied for certification with the state to work as a nursing assistant.
Experience: Prior experience working in a long-term care facility is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Able to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents/patients, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents/patients and the elderly. Able to read, write, speak and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law. Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk (*) are those that regularly require these physical activities. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff.
The center is committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or need an alternative method for applying for positions at the center, please emailÂ for further assistance.
More jobs at FMG LaFranier Drive Michigan LLC