Empiric Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to provide onsite and remote support for some of Northern Michigan’s most critical networks. The position will provide opportunity to take ownership of projects consistent with the candidate’s abilities, while also working with teams to build new skills. The ability to learn is as important as what you already know.
Candidates should be comfortable working on mission critical systems, utilizing creative problem solving skills, and must have extensive technical experience with:
• Windows Active Directory and Group Policies
• VMware Design and Best Practices
• TCP/IP, WANs, and Routing Design
• Cisco, HP Enterprise switches/routers
• Advanced Network Monitoring
• Firewalls and Security
• Exchange Email and Spam Filters
• Evaluating and making product/design recommendations
Candidates should demonstrate the ability to:
• Engage clients in technology discussions using non-technical terms
• Solve problems in a scientific and logical manner
• Oversee large projects
• Create Technology Plans and Budgets
It is preferred that candidates have experience with:
• MSP/CJIS security policies
• 9-1-1 Network Design and Management
• VoIP Network Design
• ESInet designs
• Scripting Languages (VBS, PowerShell)
• Engineering large infrastructure cabling systems
• Extensive Criminal History Check
• Travel to client sites (most clients within a one hour radius)
• Vehicle (IRS mileage rate reimbursement provided)
• Rotational on-call duties
• Reliable Internet at home (for on-call support)
• Writing skills for effective communication (email and daily logs)
• Use of vacation time (we all need a break)
Applicants should be self-motivated, able to keep current with new technologies, work independently as well as with a group, communicate effectively, manage their time effectively, integrate with a close-knit team, demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and be skilled at making responsible decisions.
Our professional office is located in Petoskey, Michigan. While we encourage quality, hard work, we also strive to create an open, relaxed, and balanced work environment with a good dose of humor. Honesty and integrity are of utmost importance.
For more information visit us at:
Empiric Solutions, Inc. (ESI) is a privately owned technology management company founded in 1992, providing IT Services to varied organizations ranging from small Northern Michigan businesses and non-profits, to larger entities, including public sector, local government, law enforcement, financial, education, and is recognized as a leader in 9-1-1 network design and 9-1-1 systems integration.
More jobs at Empiric Solutions, Inc.
If you are interested, please submit the following information in PDF to [email protected] or via the instructions on the recruitment site you are utilizing: 1) cover letter, 2) resumé, 3) references.