EFFECTIVE DATE: September, 2018 – June, 2019
LOCATION: TCAPS – 15 hours/week Alba/Ellsworth/East Jordan – 10 hours/week
– Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
– Ability to work independently without daily supervision
– Ability to work as a team
– Ability to work with multiple grade levels
– Fluent in Spanish preferred but not required
To identify and assist qualifying migrant children in assigned school districts in reaching challenging academic standards and in adjusting to a new environment. The primary duties and responsibilities for this position include:
1. Work with school personnel and local recruiter to identify all migrant children.
2. Meet and maintain contact with a child’s classroom teacher(s) to determine levels of academic proficiency and areas of need.
3. Access available testing information to construct an educational plan for each child.
4. Assess students as directed by program director.
5. Maintain a log of activities to document services for each child.
6. Determine the best method for improving each child’s skills. (Push in services, pull out services during study periods, assist in homework completion)
7. Monitor grades, academic achievement and attendance.
8. Participate in scheduled parent activities.
9. Attend staff development.
10. All other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD