Masters degree in human services field required, MSW, CNS, or MA in psychology preferred.
Licensed in good standing in the State of Michigan as a Mental Health Professional.
One year experience within the previous 5 years, involved in the delivery of mental health services.
One year experience in a mental health field working in respective discipline, preferable in a hospital setting desired.
Reports to a manager in the clinical discipline.
Collaborates and coordinates treatment with client, client’s families, and treatment staff at
Munson Medical Center and other consulting facilities.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
_Neonatal (birth-1 mo) X Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)_ _Infant (1 mo-1 yr) X Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)_ _Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) X Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)_ _Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) X Geriatric (65 yrs & above)_ _Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) All ages (birth & above)_ _No direct clinical contact with patients_
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
5. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
6. Maintains assigned caseload which permits effective and efficient client treatment utilizing case management format.
7. Evaluates client and establishes individual treatment program for each client in accordance with goals of treatment team and client and within the Code of Ethics of the respective discipline.
8. Maintains awareness of changing client condition and alters treatment program accordingly.
9. Initiates referrals to other program/community agencies to enhance treatment process where indicated.
10. Develops and implements goal oriented psychoeducational and activity therapy groups designed to improve the client’s level of functioning.
11. Contributes to the development and review of the Master Treatment Plan and discharge plan for each client.
12. Responsible for documenting the assessment and progress notes within specified time frame. Information needs to be complete and legible.
13. Provides inservice education about the role and contribution of the discipline in the Program through presentations to staff, new employees, students and other community groups.
14. Maintains professional competence through at least yearly attendance at conferences/workshops. Reports these experiences to other staff, and integrates information in client treatment.
15. Evaluates the effectiveness of client education and activity therapy portion of program periodically, making revisions as needed.
16. Maintains safe treatment area.
17. Is to potential use of clinical data for research and publication purposes.
18. Adheres to policies/procedures of the Hospital and Program.
19. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
More jobs at Munson Healthcare