Provides clinical and/or administrative support in the medical practice to include: Family Practice, Cardiology, Urology, Rheumatology, Infectious Disease, Neurosurgery, Endocrinology and Hematology/Oncology.
Must be credentialed, registered or certified as a medical assistant.
Certification with American Association of Medical Assistants is preferred.
Must maintain entry level requirements. Experience with EHR is required.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and the ability to work positively with all. Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential. Must be able to meet physical demands such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, lifting, patient transfer, pushing, pulling, and utilizing proper technique, etc. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
BCLS certification preferred.
Reports to the Medical Practice leader which can include: Coordinator, Manager and/or Practice Administrator.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 hr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
_ Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) X All ages (birth & above)
_ No clinical contact with patients
1) Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
2) Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3) Promotes personal and patient safety.
4) Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
5) Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
6) Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
7) Strictly adheres to patient confidentiality.
8) Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate. As a direct contact with patients and families, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
9) Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff.
10) Perform all duties listed in department specific competencies.
More jobs at Munson Healthcare