The Media/Tech Leader is a highly knowledgeable audio technician with strong skills with (or a quick study):
- recording (live & recorded feed gets posted on website weekly)
- computer (we use ProPresenter)
The Media/Tech Leader will oversee all media & technology elements for our mid-week rehearsal & Sunday worship service, maintain the equipment, teach/guide & shepherd our tech volunteers. This is a part-time position (about 15-20 hours/wk) that reports to the Director of Worship.
- Godly individual with a heart for worshipping Him & serving His people (no ego)
- Understand both your strengths and your limitations and clearly communicate those as needed
- Team player
- Loving shepherd to the tech team— responsible for caring for the souls of those who serve on the tech team & encourage them in their walk with Jesus
- Willing to do research & go the extra mile when you don’t know the answers
- Look for ways to improve the way we do things
- Not willing to settle for mediocre but pursue excellence
- Organized, reliable, & confident
- Communicate clearly & work well with others
- Teachable spirit
- Anticipate needs of the team (i.e. arrive early to preset gear before musicians arrive)
- Set & achieve realistic goals/expectations
A. Reports to the Director of Worship
B. Recruit, inspire, lead, develop and care for the volunteers serving in the Media Technology ministry. (Audio Engineers, Camera Operators, Lighting board operators, Media projection operators, Video control booth directors).
C. Attend all regular Rehearsals and Worship Services to run audio visual and multi-media equipment.
D. Maintain all multi-media and sound equipment inventory– including weekly care & maintenance, repairs & ordering replacements.
E. Oversee recording & duplication of service, posting weekly sermon to website.
F. Recognize the extent of the sound ministry; having all TV’s and sound ready in outer foyer and narthex area when needed.
G. Hold regular training meetings for all volunteers K. Have all equipment set 15 minutes before rehearsal (music slides and videos etc).
H. Understand that it’s your job to oversee the Media Ministry. This means helping with training, learning, and leading. You have been tasked with a flock of volunteers, ministering to them so they can joyfully serve.
1. Administrative tasks within your team (e.g., scheduling wtith Planning Center, occasional meetings, communication, etc.).
2. Create/maintain CG (character generation) for Sunday services, making sure lyrics/videos/visuals are tested & ready prior to service times.
3. Assist in Worship services as needed.
4. Be available to consult with staff and other teams (such as youth) who may need input on how best to execute their own media needs.
More jobs at Faith Reformed Church
Please send your resume, along with 2 to 3 references, and an audio or video sample (if you have one) of your work or you in action to [email protected].