Founded in 2005, Armor Express has grown to become one of the leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of life-saving, protective solutions. The Company began serving the domestic law enforcement market and throughout the years, has expanded to proudly service the U.S. Military, Federal Law Enforcement, First Responders, and Corrections professionals globally. Our passion for producing the most innovative, high-performance armor systems is made possible by the commitment of every Armor Express employee, many of whom have spent their lives serving our country and protecting our freedom.
We are curently looking to add a Materials and Production Control Manger to our team. S/he will be responsible for leading all strategic and tactical sourcing activities including Procurement, Warehousing and Logistics functions to ensure uninterrupted material flow, low cost and high customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Material Planning, Scheduling, MRO, Logistics, and Warehouse functions for the Organization.
- Drive the Sales and Operations Planning Process
- Ensure availability of materials for effective and efficient manufacturing and on-time shipment while driving strong inventory turns performance.
- Manager all transportation and logistics for shipments to customers.
- Develop processes to improve inventory accuracy.
- Work directly with manufacturing, shipping/receiving, quality and finance to develop methods for cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency opportunities with respect to materials management and logistics.
- Monitor transportation costs and target areas that yield cost savings and improvements.
- Establish International logistics processes and procedures to ensure compliance with ITAR and other governing frameworks.
- Develop and improve planning tools in excel and or other quantitative/qualitative analysis of Sales, Inventory and Forecasting.
- Formulate, implement and control JIT models such as Kanbans and Supermarkets
- Assess employee training needs and develop succession plans for critical organizational positions.
- Develop and manage department overhead budgets.
- Drive continuous improvement through involvement with Lean Manufacturing Projects.
- Completes production plan by scheduling establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the process flow on shift production summaries
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participates in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain practices working with pricing, suppliers, logistics and source selection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations, Materials Management or a related field required.
- Three to Five years of business experience.
- Minimum of three years of managerial experience.
- Understanding and training in Six Sigma and lean principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills, with ability to initiate, lead change and manage multiple functions.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong proficiency in computer skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Armor Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
More jobs at Armor Express