Prominent manufacturing company for aerospace and automotive with corporate offices and operations in Northern Michigan Manufacturer seeks a seasoned Materials Manager for Northwest Michigan headquarters. We are seeking a Material Manager to lead all aspects of material management for a multi facility operation. Background in domestic and off shore metals sourcing and procurement is essential. The Material Manager will lead day-to-day materials operations and supervise a team of staff members. Key responsibilities will include:
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability, and prepares market analysis reports.
- Works with QA to recruit, develop and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a competitive price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Frequently reviews and analyzes inventory to determine optimum levels, enhance cash flow, and meet corporate goals.
- Manage the inventory control process and personnel including shipping and receiving along with the methods used for warehousing materials at all divisions.
- Oversee the supplier ratings and address supplier delivery and/or quality problems as needed.Education: Â Experience with AS9100/ISO9000, lean manufacturing, kanban, pull systems, and MRP systems.Competencies:
- Bachelorâs degree with APICS certification desired, along with ten years of proven, successful managerial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet deadlines and work flow; ability to work without management direction; use initiative and possess a positive attitude toward teamwork.
- Solid foundation of the full range of procurement, inventory control, supply chain, and cost principles.
- Highly ethical in all actions and reporting, maintaining a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated success in leading a small team to achieve goals; proven capability to train and coach.
- Develop and implement improved procedures and work flow systems.
The Northern Michigan area provides individuals and families with an outstanding quality of life, and limitless recreational opportunities. We offer an excellent benefit package to include health insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, short and long term disability, flexible spending plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan with a company match, and a discretionary profit sharing plan.
How to Apply:
Submit resume with cover letter to [email protected]
More jobs at Wayne Wire Cloth Products