We are currently looking for Entry-Level Assembly, CNC Machinist, and General Labor manufacturing team members for one of Traverse City’s largest and best known manufacturing plants! Their facility is extremely clean, air conditioned and team oriented. You must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 40 lbs. First shift schedule is M-Th 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM with Friday’s available for overtime when needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities may include:
- You must have a strong sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You must take direction well and be a team player.
- You must have excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Ability to work with exotic materials.
- Handling of customer hardware using proper methods.
- Use of precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions of product for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Knowledge of feeds, speeds, dressing of wheels, use of coolants and oils.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Can run machines with minimal assistance.
- Uses tools such as edge finders, indicators, and probes, to find machine work offsets.
- Runs parts that meet engineering specifications without supervision.
- Ensure part count and data entry is accurate and correct consistently.
- Accurately complete and maintain all paperwork.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent and/or correctable vision.
- Ability to accomplish tasks and follow directions without deviation from procedures.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED or graduation from certified technical school, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently with a strong attention to detail.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience desired.
- Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing (basic oral instructions, simple written memos and instructions).
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
All applicants must pass safety training, background check, and 6-panel drug screen before being considered for the position.
We offer competitive medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401k program. Other benefits will be discussed at the time of hire.
More jobs at AccessPoint - Client Recruiting