SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver “what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly.” We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Manistee.
A day in the life of a Deli Manager is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to lead the day to day activities of the deli operations in a retail store, ensuring the department is fully staffed, trained and operating to company standards.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover.
- Check and verify receivables for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and store in appropriate areas.
- Train others to perform all department activities and functions.
- Manage the selection, scheduling, and supervision of others to meet or exceed departmental productivity levels.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- One (1) Year of supervisory experience and Two (2) Years of retail experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
- Accounting/Bookkeeping/Budgeting/Financial skills
- Delegate/Direct and Implement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
More jobs at SpartanNash Associates, Inc.