Life Skills Trainer, Traveling Primary Location: United States-MI-MITraverse City Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) NeuroRestorative Michigan
Full-Time / Part-Time Life Skills Trainer Jobs
Tuesday, November 27th
10:00am – 2:00pm
2468 S Airport Rd W, Traverse City, MI 49684
Drop by on November 27th. You could leave with a job!!
Come join NeuroRestorative Michigan in the very important work we do providing Supported Living programs and community-based services for adults with brain injury.
As a Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer (LST), you’ll carry out rewarding work,seeing your impact in lives on a daily basis. LSTs provide training, assistanceand supervision to participants in the areas of living skills, therapeuticrecreation, and other forms of assistance in both residential and communitysettings. LSTs work closely with our clinical staff to support thetherapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
- Ensure follow through of specific programs developed by the team in the community and in the residence.
- Adhere to all treatment philosophies and complete all documentation in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner.
- Monitor and provide training in mealtime programming; prepare food as needed.
- Assist, supervise and train participants in basic and advanced living skills (grooming, laundry, cooking, room cleaning, shopping, toileting, feeding, turning in bed, etc) according to the program and charting requirements.
- Manage physical transfer of participants following training guidelines.
- Adhere to emergency guidelines and serves a primary decision maker relative to facility emergencies and participant emergencies on the job site or in the community.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of residence at all times.Complete all cleaning activities on cleaning schedule.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and assist with maintenance of all accreditation and license requirements.
- Successfully complete mandatory training. Responsible for attending annual/Semi-annual refresher/ re-certification courses prior to certification expiration dates.
Whether you haveprevious experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type ofimpact you want to makeâ¦ we want to hear from you!
Bring the rightattitude, weâll train you for success!
More jobs at The Mentor Network