Life Skills Trainer Caregiver Primary Location: United States-MI-MITraverse City Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) NeuroRestorative Michigan
Full-Time / Part-Time
2nd and 3rd Shifts Available
Life Skills Trainers / Caregivers
Provide care and support to adult survivors of traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Rewarding Work!
- Great Company- plenty of room for advancement!
- Company Discounts on 1000s of items!
Hey, East Bay, Traverse City, Mayfield, Williamsburg, Garfield Township MI people!
As a/Life Skills Trainer / Caregiver, you’ll carry out rewarding work,seeing your impact in lives on a daily basis. Life Skills Trainer (LST) /Caregivers provide training, assistanceand supervision to participants in the areas of living skills, therapeuticrecreation, and other forms of assistance in both residential and communitysettings. LST/ Caregivers work closely with our clinical staff to support thetherapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
- Help motivate participants to complete life skills and goals.
- Complete documentation on progress, scheduled activities, medication administration, etc.
- Provide meal-time assistance- prepare food as needed.
- Assist, supervise and train participants in basic and advanced living skills (grooming, laundry, cooking, room cleaning, shopping, toileting, feeding, turning in bed, etc) according to the program and charting requirements.
- Manage physical transfer of participants following training guidelines.
- Adhere to emergency guidelines and serves a primary decision maker relative to facility emergencies and participant emergencies on the job site or in the community.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of residence at all times.
- Attend staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and assist with maintenance of all accreditation and license requirements.
- Complete all mandatory (paid) trainings.
Whether you haveprevious experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type ofimpact you want to make… we want to hear from you!
Bring the rightattitude, we’ll train you for success!
More jobs at The Mentor Network