Life Skills Trainer Primary Location: United States-MI-MITraverse City Function: Direct Support Professional (Care Givers) NeuroRestorative Michigan
Full-Time / Part-Time Positions Open
Work with our amazing participants–adult survivors of brain and spinal cord injuries.
2nd and 3rd Shift Positions Available
Some office hours required.
Comejoin NeuroRestorative in the very important work we do providing SupportedLiving programs and community-based services for adults with brain injury andother neurological challenges.
As a Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer (LST), you’ll carry out rewarding work, seeing your impact in lives on a daily basis. LSTs providetraining, assistance and supervision to clients in the areas of living skills,therapeutic recreation, and other forms of assistance in both residential andcommunity settings. LSTs work closely with our clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
Assist with daily activities:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Facilitate working relationships between Employers and those we serve
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
Whetheryou have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like thetype of impact you want to makeâ¦ we want to hear from you! Bring the rightattitude, weâll train you for success!
More jobs at The Mentor Network