The person must be able to run all aspects of an 18-hole golf course.Â Â This includes budgeting, hiring, training, scheduling, along with all chemical, fertilizer and water applications, mowing and any agronomic issues that might arise.Â
- Work with and train all partners to help set and maintain the highest standards of operations with regards to our Golf Department.
- Operate all equipment related to the golf department in a safe and efficient manner. (I.e. triplex, riding rotary, top dresser, blowers, fairway mowers, greens triplex, utility vehicles, etc.)
- Train others in the proper use of pesticides along with the proper sprayer calibrations.
- Interact with the mechanics, relaying any & all changes in the general performance of the
- Equipment being operated.
- Perform on a daily basis the normal general maintenance on any piece of equipment that you operate, which includes the checking of all fluid levels. (I.e. oils, greases, hydraulics fluids, leaking hoses, loose belts, etc.)
- Work closely with all of the managers in their daily observations of the property.
- Apply and keep accurate records in regards to fertilization and chemical applications.
A minimum of 4 to 5 years of professional experience in turf management as an assistant golf course superintendent or 2 to 3 years as a golf course superintendent experience on a golf course.
A minimum of an Associateâs Degree from an accredited college or technical school 2-year in turf management or related discipline.
- Must have a driverâs license.
- Must have a working knowledge of scheduling irrigation installation, repair, and pump maintenance; and controller trouble shooting.
- Must possess the knowledge and ability to run an 18-hole resort golf course independently from any supervision. (i.e. course setup, trap raking, greens & tee mowing, fairways & rough mowing, cup changing and tee placement, irrigation/drainage repair and installation along with other related maintenance tasks)
- Must possess agronomic knowledge to properly maintain a golf course.
- Must be able to identify most local disease and insect problems.
- Must have some budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Must obtain a spray pesticide license within 30 days of hire or promotion.Â Michigan spray license including 3A and 3B.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA rules as they pertain to golf course equipment and operation.
- Must be able to perform on a daily basis the normal general maintenance on any piece of equipment that you operate, which includes the checking of all fluid levels. (i.e., oils, greases, hydraulics fluids, leaking hoses, loose belts, etc.)
- Relay any and all problems/opportunities that will affect the operations of the golf course and its staff to the golf course superintendent.
- Have a good some understanding of both gas and diesel engines.
Must have some knowledge of welding using various types of gases.
Â This is a full-time position eligible for all company/resort benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement account with company paid matching funds, paid vacation, and additional Resort perks for skiing, golf, dining, lodging, fitness center, spa treatments, logoed wear, and much more!Â Â
Shanty Creek Resorts is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or other protected status under applicable federal, state or local laws.
More jobs at Shanty Creek Resorts