Job Title:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Laboratory Technician
Location:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Cadillac, MI
Purpose of Position:Â Â Â Perform quality control instrumental chemical analysis on Raw Materials and Finished products. Maintain analytical instruments and perform testing providing accurate and punctual data. Validate new methods and resolve difficulties encountered with test methods and procedures. Calibrate all laboratory equipment, standardize solutions, and perform other projects as assigned.
- Perform laboratory tasks (i.e. housekeeping, washing glassware, minor maintenance), acquire samples, and perform analytical test using proper analytical methods and various laboratory instrumentation, neutralize reagents and waste, perform physical tests (i.e. dust emission, particle size distribution, moisture content, breathing resistance), and gas testing of daily and lot filters.
- Maintain a 5S housekeeping standard in the lab and participate in regular audits
- Actively participate in the lab SQUID (Safety, Quality, Utilization, Inventory, and Delivery) meetings maintaining the assigned SQUID metric section, reporting out in meetings.
- Data base entry including logging samples in to the lab databases.Â Â Â
- Learn all applicable laboratory quality control procedures and policies.
- Demonstrate professional communication through verbal and written reports on test data generated including charts and graphs as necessary to effectively communicate the information.
- Work with various toxic chemicals and gases, solvents, acids and bases complying with SDS requirements for safe handling.
- Assist with the inventory system, helping maintain proper levels of laboratory supplies.
- Suggest, test, document, and implement laboratory improvements, which will reduce cost, improve quality, improve safety, and/ or reduce variability.
- Serve as a backup for the lab administrator as needed.
- Perform internal audits as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Background & Skill:Â
- High School diploma with experience in an industrial setting.Â Proficient in basic math, understanding of basic statistics a plus.
- Proficient in common MS Office software (Word and Excel)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Internal â Site Value Streams, QA dept., Filter Design and Development
- External â Suppliers and external testing facilities
More jobs at Avon Protection Systems