A Michigan Works! and Charlevoix/Emmet Intermediate School District Partnership
JMG Mission is to Equip young people to overcome barriers and win at education employment and as citizens. We envision a world where every young person is educated employed and career bound.
If that mission excites you and you want to make a difference in young people’s lives, we have a full time opportunity for you! As a staff of Michigan Works! your role is to work in school settings. You will be part of the Char/Em Intermediate School District team and visit multiple schools to provide important services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides classroom instruction for employability skills and leadership development
- Set up work experiences with employer
- Organizes college and talent tours
- Attend leadership conferences with students in Washington DC and in Lansing
- Assist students with in-depth career assessment and work readiness activities
- Facilitates community services with students
- College readiness activities
- Liaison between Michigan Works and Char/Em Intermediate School District
- Working knowledge of Career Technical Education, specifically welding program and alternative education setting
- Workforce development, talent pipeline and Career Pathways
- Youth Employment knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Social Work or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor in a positive in a positive manner
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and insurable to drive agency vehicles
This full time professional position is entitled to Northwest Michigan Works! full fringe benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement.
Vacation and sick time provided
More jobs at Northwest Michigan Works