SUMMER 2019 INTERNSHIP
The 2ns Assistant Golf Professional Intern assists the Â in the management of the day-to-day operations of the golf shop. This role Â should demonstrate a commitment to a career in the golf industry and promote the game of golf.Â Â
- Promptly and politely greet golfers and quests as they arrive.
- Check in golfers and collect the appropriate fees.
- Assist guests with making tee-time reservations.
- Must have complete knowledge of rates, classifications, and policies that relate to the golf operation.
- Perform retail merchandising functions as directed by the supervisor
- Clean and straighten the Pro Shop daily.
- Balance bank daily.
- Answer the phones and be able to answer a variety of questions both golf and non-golf related.
- Be familiar with groups and their functions/activities while on the property.
- Provide golf instruction.
- Perform tournament and league administration for groups and members.
- Train, supervise and educate pro-shop staff.
- Display positive and friendly behaviors to guests and fellow associates.
- Assist other golf staff with their duties and responsibilities.
This position prefers a minimum of 1 to 2 years of golf shop experience, preferably in a resort/hotel setting.
Enrollment in a golf or technical school inÂ a Golf Professional related discipline is required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid driverâs license.
- Â Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Eligible for Resort perks of discounted skiing, golf, dining, lodging, fitness center, spa treatments, logoed wear, and much more!Â Â
On-site affordable housing is offered to our interns, who are receiving college credit for their experience.
More jobs at Shanty Creek Resorts