Instructional leadership responsibilities include teaching ABM 130 â Introductory Farm Business Management (3 credits) for the Institute of Agricultural Technology during the spring 2019 semester.Â Instruction of the course will be delivered at Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City, MI.Â Course contact hours will be 3 hours/week for 15 weeks of instruction.
The course will provide students with a basic understanding of farm business management.Â Among topics that will cover are:
1.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Defining business management, its importance.
2.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Financial management standards.
3.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Importance and uses of record-keeping.
4.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Basic economic concepts and their relevance to farm management.
5.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Simple budgeting techniques to analyze farm management decisions.
6.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Business organization and farm transfer.
7.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Risk management.
8. Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Explore the impact of current macro-economic events on farm operations.
Position is planned to recur every Spring Semester
- M.S. (Instructor) or B.S. (Assistant Instructor)Â Agricultural Business, business management or other Agricultural related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in development of educational materials and teaching in the classroom or for workshops
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Business, business management or other Agricultural related Experience in development and assessment of learning outcomes
- Undergraduate teaching experience and a passion for teaching
Required Application Materials
Application Procedure: Qualified applicants should submit the following materials:
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1) a letter of application
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 2) a current resume
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 3) two letters of recommendation
Questions about the position can be directed to Dr. Randy Showerman, [email protected].
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
More jobs at Michigan State University(MSU)