Founded in 2005, Armor Express has grown to become one of the leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of life-saving, protective solutions. The Company began serving the domestic law enforcement market and throughout the years, has expanded to proudly service the U.S. Military, Federal Law Enforcement, First Responders, and Corrections professionals globally. Our passion for producing the most innovative, high-performance armor systems is made possible by the commitment of every Armor Express employee, many of whom have spent their lives serving our country and protecting our freedom.
We are currently looking to add a qualified Industrial/Process Engineer to our staff. The Industrial Engineer role is to develop, implement, monitor and maintain efficient manufacturing processes and workflow, for cut and sew products (PFMA).
- Organize, implement and maintain production process flow
- Develop working instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed at the birth of new products
- Improve continually existing operation, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings
- Investigate operational problems affecting production and reporting and recommending solutions at the R&D stages of product
- Liaise with production planner/scheduler for ensuring the released products have adequate BOM and routings
- Manage manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing i.e. revise drawing, BOM, accurate work instructions and workmanship standards and process procedure
- Provide manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability, to improve the process and monitor and measure progress to target
- Organize meetings with other team members to facilitate growth
- Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – i.e. new process equipment, with automation equipment at the design stage
- Work with design engineering on DFX (design for excellence) to include:
- Design for cost
- Design for test
- Design for manufacturability
- Design for assembly
- Work with other relevant departments to determine estimated costs, run time, cost reduction and close the feedback loop
- Liaise with suppliers on manufacturing process
- Train and supervise staff on new development processes and technology
- Establish a training and quality culture
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain practices working with pricing, suppliers, logistics and source selection.
- Bachelor’s degree in Related Engineering Field.
- Three to Five years of business experience.
- Minimum of three years of managerial experience.
- Understanding and training in Six Sigma and lean principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills, with ability to initiate, lead change and manage multiple functions.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of cell custom build, strong lean manufacturing, and ISO methodology
- Strong proficiency in computer skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Armor Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
More jobs at Armor Express