Job Summary:Prepares and cleans guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
- Maintains the hotel rooms and building to ensure a safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
- Sets up cleaning cart with supplies. Maintains carts and store rooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilets and stall walls. Wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sinks and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest, or soiled or torn, to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor and wall areas (tile) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas. Removes any mildew or mold issues in grout with cleaner.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings.
- Strips bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens.
- Checks any closets for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies (e.g. hangers, extra blankets, extra pillows).
- Vacuums rooms, public areas, and hallways. Empties and replaces vacuum bags as needed.
- Inspects door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Checks lights and TV (with remotes) to ensure all are in working order.
- Checks under beds, behind night stands and dressers, for hidden trash.
- Follows all procedures for cleaning rooms that are stay overs, not to touch any guest belongings.
- Notes on assigned cleaning chart any Do Not Disturbs, or special guest requests.
- Informs management of any maintenance issues, such as slow drains, clogged drains, toilets running, sink faucets not shutting off or dripping, broken items in the room, damage to any furniture.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times, with both guests and associates. Exemplifies heroic hospitality!
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head, bending, and stooping to perform cleaning tasks.
- Ability to lift bundles of linen weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and associates.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily tasks and schedules.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
More jobs at Cornerstone Staffing Solutions