Maintains guest rooms and common areas by providing housekeeping services; responding to guest and management requests; resolving complaints.
* Accomplishes housekeeping human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Meets housekeeping operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
* Meets housekeeping financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
* Prepares work priorities by obtaining list of vacant rooms that need to be cleaned immediately, and list of prospective check-outs.
* Provides room availability information by informing manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy.
* Resolves customer complaints by investigating and taking corrective actions.
* Maintains hallways and lobbies by conducting visual inspections of furniture, walls, and floor coverings; taking or recommending needed actions to management.
* Contributes to team effort by attending periodic staff meeting with other department supervisors; discussing company policies and patrons’ complaints; making recommendations to improve service and operations.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Keeps housekeeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances housekeeping and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Ability to perform all aspects of areas supervised to include performing housekeeper tasks as needed.
Supervision, Staffing, Safety Management, Thoroughness, Equipment Maintenance, Managing Processes, Developing Budgets, Initiative, Planning, Customer Focus, Listening
More jobs at Country Inn & Suites, Traverse City