Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of Americaâs most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations seeks to hire Help Desk Technician/paid seasonal interns in our IT department. The positions will work late AugustÂ through December and be paid an hourly rate.Â On-campus housing is not available for an hourly position.
Interlochenâs Technology department serves a wide constituency base within and outside of the institution. The help desk specialist plays a critical liaison role between the department and its customers for day-to-day technical support.
Major duties andÂ responsibilitiesÂ include: Â
- Installing, deploying, and maintainingÂ Apple and HP computers andÂ Cisco IP voice equipment.
- Logistical and tactical support for media and audio-visual equipment.
- Administering the departmental work order system as directed.
- General help desk support, both over the phone and in person, as directed.
- Office duties as assigned.
- User training.
- Other technical support as assigned.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge, skills or abilities in:
- ExemplaryÂ customer service skills in-person, on the phone, and through e-mail.
- Apple and Microsoft operating systems.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts like VLANs and IP troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Cisco IP Telephony
- Network and Audio/Visual cabling.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of Apple and Microsoft operating system security.
- Apple, PC, and HP Printer hardware and software repair and maintenance.
- User training
- Clerical accuracy
- Interest in learning new skills.
More jobs at Interlochen Center for the Arts