Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness.Â
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs
- Supervise kitchen staffâs activities
- Effectively manage kitchen staff
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Ensure that all food products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurantâs recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served
- Proven working experience as a head chef
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maintain lowest food costs
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- BS degree in Culinary program preferred
- Servsafe Manager Certification preferred
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
More jobs at Dixie Saloon