Rotary Camps & Services Team is seeking a Director for the Greilick Outdoor Recreation & Education Center (GOREC). Rotary represents a vibrant and growing family of organizations that provide a wide range of services in the greater Grand Traverse region. The GOREC mission is “to create passion for our natural world through outdoor experiences” and our vision is “to be a leading community resource promoting outdoor recreational and educational opportunities for young people and others of all abilities, ages and needs.”
GOREC was formed in 2017, after the long-term management and use by the Boy Scouts.
The GOREC Director will take this 500-acre facility and create a sustainable business model by promoting the asset and creating strong ties in the community to support GOREC. This is a full-time position with benefits available; initial compensation is anticipated to be $65,000 and $75,000 annually, in addition to health insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), vacation, personal/sick time and holidays.
Position Description Summary:
The GOREC Director (Greilick Outdoor Recreation & Education Center) is responsible for the aggressive development, promotion and overall year-round operation of GOREC consistent with the mission, vision and values of Rotary Camps & Services, while complying with all applicable standards and state regulations. They have primary responsibility for:
- Review and evaluate the existing camping and lodging programs and make recommendations for and execute adjustment and/or development of new programming
- Oversee the following processes specific to programming and operations:
- Camper/program participant applications, processing and follow up evaluation
- Contractual services & partnership agreements
- Facility Reservations
- Customer satisfaction
- Donor and volunteer stewardship
- Licensing, accreditation and compliance with local, state and ACA standards
- Oversee/direct staff and resources associated with programming, facilities management, medical services, risk management, food service, customer service and public relations
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process, train and supervise full time, part time, contractual, summer and seasonal staff
- Budget and fiscal management
- Marketing of facilities and staff resources to targeted consumer groups and the public
- Employ best practices, an entrepreneurial approach, creativity, common sense and effectiveness in programming, scheduling, and promoting seasonal and year-round programming and resource utilization.
- Investigate and pursue diverse funding streams to support Greilick operations.
- Enforce all Greilick Outdoor Center policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Conduct on-going evaluation of full-time staff and facilitate evaluation of part-time and seasonal staff
- Create and execute an annual business plan and budget; analyze and respond to revenue and expense trends throughout the year, with a goal of trending toward financial sustainability by December 31, 2020 and full sustainability by July 2022.
- Cooperate and participate in other functions of Rotary Camps & Services such as public relations and fund raising as appropriate.
- Prepare reports and attend staff, board and committee meetings as required.
- Perform other functions relating to the provision of direct services as directed by the Executive Director.
More jobs at Rotary Charities of Traverse City