Title:Â SecurityÂ Officer
Department: Uniform Security Division — Michigan
Compensation: $12.50 – $13.04/ per hour starting wage
Status/Shift: FULL TIME Position / Days & Weekends
Location: Traverse City Area, MI
Description: STT Security Services is seeking applicants in the Traverse City, MI area.
Must be available Days / and Weekends.
You should also be able to navigate in stressful/confrontational situations with the expectation of conflict resolution, deescalating and diffusing various incidents.
Applicants should have excellent customer service and communication skills. Primary duties may involve indoor/outdoor foot patrol, motor vehicle patrol, electronic activity logs, incident reporting, data entry and customer service. Interaction with the public, our client and their customers will be a daily occurrence. Professionalism, good judgment and ability to follow policy and procedure will be paramount.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Have clean and neat appearance
- Demonstrate the ability to take, follow, and giveÂ directions toÂ and from others
- Be comfortable working with computers andÂ softwareÂ applications
- Demonstrate reliability and dependability
- Must possess effective communication skills of all types
- Be willing to work outdoors / indoors in all types of extreme weather related occurrencesâ¢ Be willing to sit, stand, and/or walk for entire shift
- Meet comprehensive background/ licensing requirements
- Must pass drug test
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Part of the job will also entail being a P/T court house screening security officer and the responsibilities will be as follows:
Court house security officers are responsible for all security aspects of a courthouse, including ensuring the judges and judicial staff, court employees and general public visiting the courthouse are safe. They also ensure that no weapons are brought into the courthouse and that the public complies with building safety rules. Other job duties include watching doorways, managing metal detectors and patrolling courthouse’s hallways to check for suspicious activity.
Primary duties involve access control, monitoring entrance to court house, greeting guests and employees, electronic activity, incident reporting data entry, managing and scheduling subordinate staff, and general customer service. Interaction with the public, our client and their customers will be a daily occurrence. Professionalism, good judgement and ability to follow policy and procedure will be paramount.
Applicants Must Also:
Ã Applicants must meet Michigan Security Officer qualifications which can be viewed here:
Ã All applicants must complete theÂ applicationÂ on our website at:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete our employment application which can be found at http://sttsecurity.com/employment
More jobs at STT Security Services