Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Plant Controller in the Honeywellâs Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) business unit located in Boyne City. In this exciting opportunity in a high growth environment, you will utilize your significant experience in Human Resources management to significantly impact and support the SPS leadership team.
Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS) is a $5 billion strategic business group of Honeywell. SPS is a global leader providing custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls, and productivity solutions built around our high performance data collection hardware. We complement our innovative products with advanced software solutions, consulting and professional services that enable customers to effectively manage data and assets throughout the supply chain.
We provide comprehensive solutions that enhance workplace safety and incident response, improve enterprise and workflow performance, and enable greater product design innovation. Customers rely on our connected solutions to provide real-time safety intelligence to respond to safety threats, increase worker productivity, and enrich operational intelligence with data-driven insights that enable smarter business decisions.
Partner with Plant Manager and site leadership teams to meet financial goals (P&L, Productivity, Inventory, CapEx) and drive operational improvements.
Perform month-end closing responsibilities including preparing journal entries, ensuring monthly transactions are correctly recorded, variance analysis on spending, absorption and yield performance
Analyze and report financial results on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
Coordinate development of the siteâs annual operating plan and annual 5 year strategic plan
Coordinate annual physical inventory audit
Assist with annual fixed asset inventory audit
Maintain/improve strong internal control processes
Implement financial process improvements to reduce cycle times, automate work, improve forecast quality, and enhance reporting and analysis processes
Provide financial analysis on special projects as required
Partner with plant manager to drive operational and financial performance
- People â ability to interact effectively with all levels of the business.
- Presentation â strong verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial people.
- Six-Sigma â Greenbelt certification or equivalent process improvement background.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and results oriented â ability to management multiple, critical projects simultaneously and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient in information technology financial applications particularly SAP and Excel financial models.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
Process oriented, proactively questions current practices and drives improvements
50 Plant Contollership
50 Business Partner
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance. Extensive experience in performing similar roles.
- Masters degree in Finance or CPA.
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP, Hyperion and Excel.
- Ability to present complex analysis with clarity.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to understand accounting and financial processes related to the business.
- Knowledge of US GAAP Sarbes-Oxley and Internal controls.
- Good oral and written communication.
Exempt Honeywell Educators @ Space Academy
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD48820
- Category: Finance
- Location: 375 N Lake St, Boyne City, MI 49712 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement Â© 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
More jobs at Honeywell