Fence Installer Worker Responsibilities
- Assisting Lead Fence Installer in fence construction projects
- Helping install fences and operating simple equipment with attention to safety
- Unloading and staging materials at fence construction sites
We are looking for a competent Fence Installation Worker to work on building fence projects. These fences will include chain link, wooden picket fences and plastic architectural and temporary fences. You will be the one to help the dreams of homeowners and business people alike come to life with full and solid structures enclosing and improving their properties.
Experience in working with light construction and using equipment is highly desirable. You must have physical strength, endurance and work well with your hands. Being good in following instructions and safety rules are also important. You are a team player. You are looking for a high paying job with a future.
- Assist Lead Fence Installer in laying out installations.
- Construct fencing with attention to safety.
- Unload and carry materials at construction sites
- Use simple equipment to dig mounting holes, mix concrete, set and plumb posts and apply fence components in a workman like fashion
- Mix, smooth and level new concrete or other materials
- Prepare and apply construction materials to build structures
- Clean out site from debris and discarded material
- Proven experience as construction worker or helper is highly desirable
- Prior military service is highly desirable
- Experience in light construction of wooden decks or other simple projects is highly desireable.
- Knowledge of mixing and pouring construction material (concrete, sand, grout etc.)
- Knowledge of basic construction principles and methods is preferred but we will teach
- Able to work in a team
- Able to read instructions and simple drawings as needed
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job sites
Salary – Starting pay is $15.00 or higher based on experience.
More jobs at The Fence Company of Northern Michigan