Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an Executive Sous Chef opening to join our hospitality organization at Dunrovin, the Whirlpool Conference Center in Baldwin, Michigan
Baldwin, MI is located approximately 1 hour from beautiful Traverse City, MI and 1 ½ hours from metro Grand Rapids, MI.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week looks like in this role)
Today, you might be preparing dinner for Whirlpool leaders and clients. Tomorrow, you’ll be menu planning and checking inventory.
What You Will Do
- Assist the Executive Chef in providing quality and presentation to all guests
- Full responsibility for the evening meal including hors d’ oeuvres
- Understand and follow food allergy and dietary procedures and execute these meals as required
- Assist Executive Chef with all kitchen operations, preparations and menu planning
- Actively participate in all menu development
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards
- Ensure timely completion of all administration duties
- Encourages and builds trust, respect and cooperation with team members
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs
- Coordinate proper food storage, communicate maintenance issues and insure all employees adhere to all sanitation and safety guidelines
- Additional Responsibilities as Required
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions – and as far as you want to go.
What You Need To Succeed
- Seasonal job opportunity February – November
- Must be available to work afternoon/evening & weekend hours
- Minimum 5 years of Sous Chef experience
- Culinary education preferred
- Familiar with kitchen & dining room operations
- Deliver exceptional guest satisfaction for our diverse, international clientele is a must
- Team player with the ability and flexibility to provide world class service
- Ability to anticipate our guest’s hospitality requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
More jobs at Whirlpool