Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of Americaâs most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations seeks to hire an Executive Assistant to the Provost. The Executive Assistant will support all projects, events, and communications in the Education Office. This position will be a fundamental part of the administrative team, leading all Education communications, projects and activities. Â
The Executive Assistant to the Provost supports the work of the Education office, including managing confidential communications, organizing events, supporting meetings and calendars and working as a key member of the Education Office team.Â Â
- communication preparation
- Meeting support
- Word processing
- Data management
- Record maintenance
- Event planning.
- Calendar maintenance
- Meeting scheduling, taking minutes of meetings
- Arranging and coordinating campus interview visits for candidates
- Processing large mailings
- Significant and detailed record keeping
- Office mail and telephone management.
- This person will assist with and complete various reports, projects, and mailings and work in cooperation with personnel from other offices throughout the institution.Â
- Very high-level computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet preparation are required.
- Knowledge of Apple and Google a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, are also required.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience with executive level office management, preferably in an educational setting or offices with high levels of people interaction.Â Minimum of three years preferred.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills are required.
- Good interpersonal skills, thorough attention to detail and accuracy are crucial.
- Candidates must be self-motivated and willing to follow through on projects with minimal supervision and be able to see complex problems and create new solutions.
- Previous experience working in an educational setting preferred