Interlochen Center for the Arts is seeking to hire a Director of Digital Media.Â A key member of the Marketing, Communications, and Engagement team, the Director of Digital Media is responsible for leading and managing the Interlochen Center for the Arts (ICA) online experience, through websites, social media channels, multimedia content, paid/digital advertising, and search engine optimization. The directorâs leadership is essential to telling Interlochenâs story to as wide of an audience as possible, raising the organizationâs profile and brand among external and internal constituents, including: prospective students, alumni, donors, parents, friends, patrons and the general public. The position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Communications and Engagement.Â
- Lead the design and development of a new data-driven website and the migration to it, working jointly with Information technology (IT) and Marketing. Under the new site, this role will focus heavily on information architecture, strategic content and user experience.
- Develop and implement an effective and forward-looking comprehensive digital strategy that integrates with and supports ICAâs strategic communication and marketing initiatives.Â
- Oversee website architecture, user testing, updates, analytics and interactivity; administer the day to day operation and integration of ICA content owned by multiple units, including editorial control, content development, usability, design as well as analytics and search engine optimization.
- Maintain a vibrant and effective homepage and program pages on the website, helping shape the message for primary target audiences.Â
- Ensure the implementation of web standards and policies that support ICAâs visual identity and style guide, maintaining the brand throughout its digital presence.Â
- Oversee the production of content for social media and other online communities. supervise the Digital Media team including a Social Media Manager, Content Producer, Videographer and Recording Engineer.
- Develop appropriate process, structure, and metrics to monitor website and social media analytics, with a goal toward continual optimization and a dashboard for reporting.
- Contribute to the enhancement and redesign projects
- Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of relevant experience with digital communications and marketing. Previous experience managing a large organization’s website built with an enterprise content management system is essential, as well as a strong background in developing content for social media, using delivery, cadence, and analytics to drive results.Â
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of usability, accessibility, wireframing, prototyping, and deploying mobile-friendly, responsive websites.Â
- Adept with Google Analytics and using data to inform site strategy.Â
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Copywriting and feature writing skills; ability to write and edit marketing copy
- Knowledge of best practices for analytics, search, and search engine optimization
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and manage several assignments simultaneously