Grand Traverse Stamping
Grand Traverse Stamping is seeking an experienced candidate for Die Repair/Set Up
ACCOUNTABILITY OBJECTIVES –
Setup and maintain dies in high-speed production environment. To ensure a stable process exists during the production cycle.
1. Responsible for the set-up and first piece inspection of parts in preparation of production runs.
2. Responsible for assuring proper documentation required is performed as per established procedures.
3. Maintenance of the dies as necessary before and during the production process.
4. Ensure proper set-up for all auxiliary equipment, i.e., payoff, take up.
5. Ensure personal adherence to all Environmental Health and Safety rules and procedures are maintained, including housekeeping and proper operation of tools and equipment.
EDUCATIONAL, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. A minimum of 2 years documented experience of high-speed (600 spm to 1000 spm) press operation is required. Must have a working knowledge of established policies and procedures.
2. Work requires the ability to read and write, and to perform math calculations well enough to form grind tooling requiring angular and radius calculations.
3. Work requires the ability to form grind to tight tolerances ( /- .0002) and to troubleshoot progressive dies in a production environment.
4. Must be able to communicate and work well with others.
5. The ability to: lift/move at least 50 pounds, to move about to different locations of the plant, to stand or remain in one place for periods of time while performing the various functions of the position are all necessary.
6. Must be able to adapt to change in activities and plans to accommodate changing schedules.
Pay is commensurate with experience. $17.00 to $25.00
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
More jobs at Grand Traverse Stamping