Communication: Screens, prioritizes, evaluates, and responds to internal and external communications from a variety of mediums (visitors, mail, E-mail, phone calls, voice mail, etc). Utilizes analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills in order to assist customers and direct appropriately. Frequently relays highly sensitive and confidential information.
Document Preparation and Handling:Creates routine documents and correspondence (letters, memos, recurring reports, agenda, minutes, etc) with minimal direction. Edit rough draft documents for grammar, style, format, accuracy, clarity, consistency, and tone; prepare for final distribution. Includes working with spreadsheets, graphics, and flowcharts.
Minimum Requirements: Associates Degree in Business or related area preferred. Three to five years of previous secretarial working experience or related educational experience; ideally in a health care environment. Must possess typing skills of 60 words per minute and a thorough working knowledge of a variety of computer software packages, especially Windows, Microsoft Office systems and Outlook (or other on-line scheduler and E-mail system). Experience with spreadsheet, graphics, flowcharting, and presentation software preferred. Strong organizational skills, can organize quickly and effectively as well as accurately; able to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines. Flexible enough to cope with changing priorities in a dynamic environment. Embodies the principals of continuous quality improvement; possesses strong interpersonal skills to be able to work individually and as a member of a team, maintains a professional demeanor toward internal and external customers, and works well with employees of all levels. Handles confidential matters with complete discretion.
- Facilitates department written communications through typing, proofreading, duplication, collating, distribution, and/or mailing. Prepares memorandums, policies, committee minutes, manuals, letters, forms, procedures, and other general typing as directed, initiating other documents and correspondence as appropriate.
- Schedules appointments for Director and other department staff.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and/or facilities.
- Receives, handles and transfers phone calls and messages within the department and/or hospital wide promptly and courteously.
- Monitors supply levels and requisitions regularly used office supplies and forms. Arranges for payment of invoices.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment. Operates various equipment to perform assigned tasks. Requisitions maintenance/repairs of equipment as needed.
- Establishes, processes and maintains all department and personnel files and records on an ongoing basis. Classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
- Performs departmental receptionist duties. Assists walk-ins. Opens, reviews, sorts and distributes U.S. and departmental mail. Arranges for department mailings including sending birthday cards to employees monthly.
- Prepares ID badges as required for hospital staff following established guidelines. Maintains door security badge access program.
- Processes Verification of Employment forms and also verifies employment via telephone requests.
- Follows established Bereavement Guidelines, ie, sending Sympathy Card and Bereavement Plant to employee, notification to requested personnel.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of probationary and yearly performance reviews to managers for completion and tracking of compliance of same.
- Participates in the recruitment/hiring process which may include:
- Processing of applications through Position Manager application system.
- Background checks
- Scheduling interviews with applicants and managers
- Preparing/processing new hire paperwork
- Assists department in special projects and research.
- Participates in the planning of the annual Employee Award Banquet.
- Reviews monthly licensure reports and obtains on-line verifications.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
More jobs at Munson Healthcare