Position Summary:Â Daycare Assistant is responsible for providing high quality childcare for children of resort guests, property owners and employees that are on site.Â Responsibilities include direct supervision and care for children of all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the implementation of daily plans and activities.
- Assist in supervising children and participate with children in activities.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis.
- Remain flexible to ensure care can be provided when ratioâs change
- Provide guidance for childrenâs behavior.
- Maintain all appropriate record keeping for day to day operations, and enrollment
Professional Experience:Â Â To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Child care experience or one year of child care training
– First Aid and Child CPR training or willingness to complete training prior to working
– Willingness to complete additional training as determined necessary by Child Daycare Manager
– Ability to guide and supervise young children utilizing positive discipline
– Understanding of and experience with infant and toddler care and early childhood development
– Flexibility and creative problem solving skills
High school diploma or GED
Prior experience working in a childÂ Â setting, babysitting, or other situations with children desirable
Required SkillsÂ Â Â Â
-Â Â Â Love and respect for children
-Â Â Â Fun loving, positive attitude, enthusiasm, and patience
-Â Â Â Ability to encourage and inspire children to participate in new activities
-Â Â Â Ability and willingness to be part of a team
-Â Â Â Must be trustworthy and responsible
-Â Â Â Must like to smile
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSÂ
First Aid and Child CPR training or willingness to complete training prior to working
Central Registry Clearance on record
Â This is a part-time position eligible for Resort perks of discounted skiing, golf, dining, lodging, fitness center, spa treatments, logoed wear, and much more!Â Â
Â Shanty Creek Resorts is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or other protected status under applicable federal, state or local laws.
More jobs at Shanty Creek Resorts