TBAISD is seeking a Custodian
POSITION: Custodian – Level IV-B (Evening Shift 2:30 – 11:00 p.m.)
LOCATION: Oak Park Elementary
EFFECTIVE: July, 2018
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Possess a valid Michigan driver license
– Experience with proper cleaning and maintenance techniques as required for
assigned duties/responsibilities. Ability to read and understand product labels
and employee memorandums.
– Be non allergic to cleaning materials and solvents.
– Be able to operate various types of cleaning equipment (buffers,
– Physically able to operate heavy cleaning equipment, (buffers, scrubbers,
carpet extractors, etc.), lift up to 75 pounds (trash containers, boxes of
supplies, moving of office or classroom furniture). Ability to safely
operate other equipment (mowers, tractors, weed whips, forklift, etc.)
– Can work from ladders and scaffolding.
– Will present a certificate of good health signed by a licensed physician
appointed by the Board, upon request.
– Must be able to work with and around people
– Maintain regular and reliable attendance
1. Report and receive assignments from lead custodian/building administrator.
2. Keep premises in a clean and orderly condition, including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing,
stripping and waxing floors, cleaning and insuring adequate supplies in restrooms, emptying
trash, wash windows and clean carpets.
3. Maintain outside grounds to include: clean snow and ice from walkways, remove debris from
areas around buildings, mow lawns, trim shrubbery and insure adequate watering is done to
4. Service cleaning and minor maintenance of vehicles.
5. Responsible for mail delivery.
6. Pickup and delivery of student lunches at various sites in the Traverse City area.
7. Perform minor maintenance to include but not limited to painting, replacement of ceiling tiles,
light bulbs, cleaning and or replacement of heating/air conditioning filters.
8. Use hand tools, power tools or any other equipment required to complete assigned tasks.
9. Set up conference/classrooms per weekly schedule or other notification.
10.Clean and or extract carpet floors. Dust rooms and furniture.
11.Substitute in other buildings as custodian when required, as directed by lead custodian.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD