We are looking for an experience Maintenance person for the construction, opening and maintaining of the NEW Courtyard by Marriott-Victories Square, Petoskey, Michigan.Â Come be a part of a great team and a NEW facility in Petoskey.Â Â
To maintain the entire hotel facility, including physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.Â Ensure the upkeep of guest areas and grounds to maintain an attractive hotel.Â Manage all rehabilitation, expansion, and special projects.Â
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts walk through and visually assesses the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems, pool, whirlpool and any other related equipment.
- Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas.
- Hires, trains, supervises and disciplines department staff and all other staff under direction of Maintenance.
- Adheres to all Corporate required purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
- Maintains effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs, conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Informs the General Manager on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent and cost effective proposals for maintaining same. Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generates reports.Â
- Maintains appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operations and maintenance requirements of the hotel.
- Maintains organized and efficient administrative and filing systems within Property Operations for the timely and accurate handling of correspondence, reports, requisitions for purchase and other administrative requirements of the department.
- Maintains a well-defined and organized system within the shop for the inventory, maintenance and storage of all tools, products, materials and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department.
- Immediately available to report to the hotel in the event of any hotel emergency which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Maintenance Department. By example such emergencies may include, but not be limited to fires, power or other equipment failures, floods, lightening, earthquake or other disasters of similar nature and magnitude.Â
- Perform other duties as requested, such as coordination and supervision of special guest requests for room and/or meeting space modification, construction of props for special hotel functions and employee relations events.
More jobs at Courtyard by Marriott-Victories Square