Shoreline Fruit, LLC. a grower owned, processor and marketer of premium dried fruits, cherry concentrate, and nutraceutical products, headquartered in Traverse City, MI. is searching for a Chief Financial Officer to lead the financials for the company and provide guidance to the Senior Management team on all financial matters.
This position will be a member of the Senior Management team and report directly to the CEO. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years experience in a financial management role preferably in the food processing or agriculture industry.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal operations and performance
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies and the impact of regulatory actions
- Provide timely and accurate budgets, financial reports, financial analysis and other financial information as needed to assist the Board, the CEO and the Senior Management Group in performing their responsibilities and making decisions
- Develop, enhance, implement and enforce policies, procedures and systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company and its management
- Provide technical and financial advice and knowledge to others within the organization as needed
- Participate in the continual improvement of the accounting, budgeting and information gathering and reporting processes throughout the organization some
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position and return on assets certain
- Evaluate the finance division structure and staffing to promote continual improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and to provide individuals with professional and personal growth
- Evaluate alternatives and select appropriate types and levels of insurance for the Company in order to mitigate and manage risk
- Coordinate activities to insure that the Company is in compliance with all Federal, State and Local tax laws and that all required filings are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Coordinate activities to make sure that the appropriate financial information is available to outside parties in order to remain in compliance with covenants, laws, rules and regulations
- Maintain relationships with outside parties to insure that the Company remains in good standing with its financing sources, its vendors, its customers and its employees
- Supervise direct reports to provide improvements and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for the overall accounting, tax, and financial practices.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of corporate managerial experience required.
The work environment for this position is typical of an office setting. Some tasks and projects may require work in the processing plant that requires safe work practices and good manufacturing practices.
Shoreline Fruit is an equal opportunity employer.
More jobs at Shoreline Fruit LLC