Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to Camp Nurses for the 2019 camp season. The dates of the contract are 6/18/19-8/5/19 and the compensation is $18/hour for nurses who will be living on campus and will require housing. The stipend is $21.00/hour for nurses who will be living off campus and won’t require housing. Housing is provided for the employee who will be living on campus for the dates contracted (early arrival/late stay requests, if space is available, will be paid in full by the employee). All meals are included with your agreement (if you live on campus)- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Nurses who do not live on campus during their camp contract will receive one meal per designated shift when the cafeterias are open.
Camp Nurses will work with a team consisting of a Physician or Nurse Practitioner, Nurses, Health Services Assistants, and/or a secretary to care for campers in one of three Health Centers. Camp Nurses coordinate care by delegating tasks to Health Services Assistants, and serve as a consultant when needed. Nurses will perform other duties as assigned to help maintain functioning of Health Centers. Camp Nurses work primarily 3Â or 6 weeks at various times of day and week to help provide 24-hour coverage.Â Â We prefer a minimum of aÂ Â 3-week commitment throughout the summer.Â Participation in pre-camp training is also expected.
The Camp Nurse should be able to:
- Perform health assessments,
- Make decisions about dispensing OTC medications per protocol,
- Consult with Providers as needed,
- Draw labs (training provided), and perform other duties as required to serve the population.
- Experience in school, camp or pediatric nursing and working with children aged 8 – 18 years preferred.
- Good pediatric assessment skills, flexibility, the ability to work well with a team, and the ability to make independent decisions are essential.
- Current Michigan license as an RN, CPR certification, documentation of a negative TB test or chest x-ray within the last 12 months prior to contract start date.
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills and the ability to use e-mail are required.
School nurses are encouraged to apply.
More jobs at Interlochen Center for the Arts