Business & Planning Analyst (GRMI – Gas Operations Support Services)-11486
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for 5 consecutive years
* 7th on Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award
* Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Performs analysis, research, development, testing and implementation and support of systems and procedural solutions to support business opportunities, initiatives and strategic goals in the most effective and efficient manner. This position is a blend of technical expertise, in depth understanding of customer service/business unit needs and business knowledge with strong interpersonal and creative thinking skills. This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
* Researches, prepares analyses and simulations of BU operations and
operational effectiveness, including benchmarking the BU functions against
competitors, to support recommendations for BU improvement(s), goal and
* Tracks, maintains and provides up-to-date information on the BU’s metrics and
* Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple
levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
* Analyzes the impact of various BU initiatives in the context of regulatory
requirements and considerations.
* Coordinates input from various business units to facilitate the integration of
group-level plans with larger (Corporate-wide) plans and/or activities; may
participate in periodic reviews of achievements and performance versus plans.
* Provides budget development, tracking and related analytical support for the
BU’s leadership, or for operating groups within a given BU.
* Analyzes capital and O&M projects; develops recommendations to maximize
the business units output for long-range planning purposes.
* Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business
needs and formulate complete end-to-end analysis.
* Coordinates and recommends the design of templates and planning tools used
in the BU planning process.
* Performs analyses to identify and resolve potential sources of loss or threats
to business unit outcomes, and minimize their effects
* Updates or develops data models and databases; engages in activities
intended to maintain data integrity.
* Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, engineering, or a
related discipline, and 3-plus years of planning, continuous improvement /
quality assurance, project management, data analysis, or related experience
* Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word)
* Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with
credibility and confidence
* Intermediate-to-advanced analytical and project management skills
* Analytical and problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key
issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions
for various situations.
* Ability to develop / coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects,
yielding optimal outcomes
* Working knowledge of financial and economic analysis and project
* Ability to work in a team and/or matrix structure, supporting multiple clients.
* Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving
* Initiates new ideas and approaches; challenges prevailing practices &
approaches with reasonably sound alternatives
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and ac… For full info follow application link.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, , orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
More jobs at DTE Energy Corporate Services, LLC