Brake & Alignment Plus Automotive Technician, Relax or Prepare for the Big Time at Bill Marsh, NO WEEKENDS, 5 Days Per Week
Back in the day, the Brake & Alignment Plus business was small and limited to what it could handle repair-wise and located where the Army surplus building is on South Airport road.Â Today, Brake & Alignment Plus, conveniently located on Barlow beside the post office in Traverse City, is a thriving and much advanced version of its former self.Â The business has been part of the Bill Marsh Auto Group (with 330 employees) for 11 years with 6 technician slots and 1 LineX slot.Â Currently, we are looking to fill 1 full-time technician position.Â The Plus means that the technicians can perform many other repairs.
Brake & Alignment Plus is mostly an hourly rate plus a bonus depending upon shop sales.Â Our techs earn anywhere from $24k to $50k per year.Â With paid holidays, there are 109 days off in 2019.Â So, enjoy your family!Â Career (and subsequently compensation) advancement depends on the individual, skill level and desire.
Train with us OR Bring some of your Knowledge to us!
Whether you have the willingness to earn state certifications or maybe already have a few, weâd like to make your acquaintance.Â Brakes, Steering and Suspension are the easier certifications to acquire while you work for us or maybe you already have one.Â All technicians are required to have some of their own basic hand and air tools.Â If you are in a training mode with us, you will generally be paired with one of our more experienced technicians.
Talk about being a Car Guy
At Brake & Alignment Plus we service a wide range of domestic and import vehicles which makes the job more interesting, fun and challenging.Â Because of this, the pace at the shop is a little slower.Â It just takes a some more time for all those different makes and models.Â The âPlusâ represents the person who can utilize onboard diagnostic and shop supplied specialty tools to troubleshoot electrical, engine, HVAC and drivability concerns taking the shop to the next level.
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and computers.Â Enjoy working as a team.
- Willingness to earn State of Michigan certifications or have them already.
- Willingness to learn new technology, new repair and service procedures or specifications.
- Willingness to learn the best process to ensure that every critical part, every complex system and every component is secure and working properly.
- Be able to perform or eventually perform tire swaps, new tires, brakes, suspension, light exhaust and alignment work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Valid Driverâs license.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
Our Commitment to You
- Our team members enjoy terrific benefits which include:
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Medical, dental, vision benefits & life insurance
- 401 (k)
- Consideration for promotion within all of Bill Marsh
More jobs at Brake and Alignment Plus