Bill Marsh is currently seeking two used car inspector mechanics for its growing used car reconditioning facility located off Barlow avenue in Traverse City.Â We are looking for someone with inspection, communication, physical and mechanical abilities.
This is a great opportunity to start OR finish your career in the automotive industry. This position is more about quality than quantity and does not interact with the retail public.Â We are looking for the aspiring technician who will become quickly acclimated with cars, the technician with one or more state certificates or the experienced technician thatâs just looking for a slower pace maybe even nearing retirement.
Many of the technicians at our Barlow location move on to Bill Marsh GM, Chrysler, Hyundai, Ford or Brake and Alignment.
The hourly wage begins at $11/hr.Â If you have state certificates or earn them while working, the hourly wage increases to $12-$13/hr into the $15 range.Â Experience is also a compensation factor.Â Willingness for the newer technician to earn state certifications is key and pay increases as certifications are earned.Â Brakes and steering are common entry points with Heating/AC, Engine Repair/Tuneup, Electrical and Transmission/Axle also being important certification goals. Â
- The primary function is to inspect 4-6 cars per day (90%).
- Then, repair some cars that we inspect (10%).
- Productivity is measured but compensation is not dependent upon it.Â We strive to turn a car back around to the lot in 6 days.
- There are no heavy electrical or drivability repairs.Â Brakes, bolt-off bolt-on parts, fluids, tires, oil change, wipers, bulbs and minor interior work.Â You do need your own tools for the 10% of the cars that we repair.
Job Environment and Culture
- The shop currently has a capacity of 5 technicians
- Recently, we have had technicians move to GM, Hyundai and Brake & Alignment.
- We are not looking to make the car new.Â The person who can fix some parts so we donât have to order all new parts is very helpful.
- This job is not as physically demanding as a normal technicianâs position.
- Relaxed team environment but not a cake-walk with the goal to get the car to the lot as quickly as possible.
- Less pressure due to an hourly wage verses flat rate where the object might be to beat the clock.
Our Commitment to You
- Our team members enjoy terrific benefits which include:
- Excellent Compensation
- Paid Training, Paid Vacation
- Safe working environment
- Personal and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision benefits & life insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
More jobs at Bill Marsh Automotive Group