2019 Summer job ideal for a business student or hospitality major. Frankfort and Elberta are located on the shores of Lake Michigan in beautiful Northern Michigan. The Betsie Bay Marina is a full service marina that provides guests with a comprehensive boating experience. Marina amenities include slips, storage, mechanic services, maintenance services, kayak rentals, tackle store, access to premier fishing and a boatel. The boatels consists of 4 yachts of various sizes that are available to rent via the Internet for a unique sleep aboard experience. The candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation of the boatel as well as general yard and marina help.
- correspond with guests via instant messaging
- manage the scheduling of job responsibilities based on guest arrival schedule
- manage the ordering of expendable guest supplies
- welcome/bid farewell to guests
- check guests in and out
- be knowledgeable of area activities
- anticipate guest concerns and deal with them before they become complaints
- handle complaints with empathy and courtesy
- maintain high guest ratings
- clean boats inside and out
- launder linens
- maintain and hose off docks
- maintain landscaping (mow lawns; weed wack; etc.)
- assist in launching and hauling out boats
- paint and polish boats
- general boat yard work
- communicate status to marina owners on a daily basis
Position is 40 hours a week at $11 / hour. Free housing is available in the form of a one bedroom, on-site trailer home unit or a sleep aboard boat. The work is mostly outdoors and of a physical nature. Start date and end date are negotiable. Time off on weekends and holidays is limited and must be negotiated in advance. Days off will be during the week. Expansion of pay and responsibilities are possible depending on the candidate’s desire and abilities.
Candidates must be able to pay attention to detail, manage their own activities, have great people and communication skills, be agile enough to manage the confined spaces of a boat and be comfortable around the water.
The owners are willing to exchange knowledge regarding the operation of the entire marina and provide mentoring for a student eager to learn about business in a real world environment.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected] before March 25th.
More jobs at Betsie Bay Marina