Provides direct clinical services to patients within Munson Medical Center Behavioral Health services.
Masterâs degree from a social work, psychology, and/or counseling accredited program. Michigan license to provide behavioral health counseling that may be a LMSW or LPC.
With manager approval, Limited Licensed individuals may be considered. Preferred work experience of 3 years or 6000 hours of counseling and/or related experience.
Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in behavioral health assessment and treatment of substance use disorder, mental health, and co-occurring disorder interventions and applications with a focus on evidence based practices.
In Outpatient Behavioral Health department only: Certified Advanced Addiction credential through Michigan Board of Addiction Professionals or the ability to obtain a 3-year Development plan within 30 days of hire to secure certification.
Reports to the Manager and/or Director of the department.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo.) x Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
Infant (1 mo-1 yr.) x Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs.)
Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs.) x Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs.)
Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs.) x Geriatric (65 yrs. & above)
X Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs.) all ages (birth & above)
1. Supports the True North Values of Munson Healthcare including:
A.Patient at the center of what we do
C.Health Care Team
2. Promotes personal and patient safety.
3. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
4. Practices effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Provides individualized treatment services that are evidence-based to improve health, wellness, and quality of life for patients.
6. Provides clinical coverage for treatment groups/psycho-educational sessions as needed to support the clinic needs.
7. Demonstrates competency through the annual discussion process, patient
feedback, clinical staff dialogue, performance appraisals and staff education.
8. Completes all documentation within the timelines requirements of the treatment process in accordance with hospital, departmental, and regulatory agency requirements. This documentation includes all treatment authorizations as needed to receive approval for services.
9. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and ability to effectively respond to behavioral health crises and make appropriate recommendations.
10. Co-creates individualized care plans with patients with measurable outcomes and provides care coordination as needed with community resources and other providers.
11. Communicates with other members of the health care team through case reviews to ensure a safe continuum of care.
12. Identifies quality improvement needs and participates in implementing improvements.
13. Maintains effective communications with patients, families, team members and managers as evidenced by mutual support, open communication, trust and support.
14. Promotes good public relations with department personnel, physicians, other referral sources, patients, families and the community.
15. Assumes responsibility for continuing education and professional development by attending required in-services and other means of continuing professional education (e.g., readings, classes, workshops).
16. Adheres to all hospital and department policies.
17. Keeps manager and physician informed of activities, decisions and changes in patients’ treatment and/or progress.
18. Provides the Manager with input regarding competencies and annual discussions, and assists with implementation of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
More jobs at Munson Healthcare