Assists customers with requests for repair and maintenance services and ensures vehicles are fixed right the first time. Oversees entire service process including initial customer contact, vehicle repairs, additional customer contact(s), quality verification of repairs, completion of paperwork and delivery to customer.
Compensation:Â $30K to $60K per year
Reports To: Service Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures high quality service is provided to every customer following Bill Marsh service process.
- Departs from traditional ways of doing things to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Provides excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, asking questions to identify service needs, and resolving customer concerns.
- Develops and achieves challenging individual goals and expectations for customer service and sales production.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows up with customers to ensure they are satisfied with service.
- Contacts customers to remind them of service appointments and/or when scheduled maintenance is due.
Can Work Effectively With Others
- Builds productive working relationships with fellow employees through clear communications.
- Has an approachable style; fosters open communication through active listening.
- Asks relevant probing questions regarding repair or service request, actively listens to customer responses, to ensure proper understanding of vehicle condition(s).
- Generates pride and commitment within the service department; instills customer and employee confidence.
- Speaks clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Persuades others to accept a point of view or obtain commitment.Â
- Promotes cooperation and teamwork among technicians and support staff.Â
- Assists other service advisors when needed, demonstrates teamwork.Â
- Maintains open communications with technical staff regarding job status changes.
Can Handle Pressure
- Effectively resolves conflicts with customers and employees.
- Effectively handles and implements changes in service department.
- Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Maintains composure and courtesy in dealing with customers and fellow employees.Â
- Encourages others to value change.Â
- Implements and values change.
Can Manage Complexity
- Acts quickly to implement plans; organizes work efficiently; follows up to ensure successful implementation.
- Monitors workload to determine amount of work that can be accommodated in service department.
- Makes policy adjustments within the guidelines and budgets established by management.
- Identifies and supports opportunities for methods/process improvement.
- Estimates cost and completion time/settles customer accounts.
- Coordinates activities to ensure repair work is fixed right the first time and completed on time.
- Inspects every finished repair order for completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility.
- Answers incoming telephone calls promptly, courteously, and makes every effort to satisfy the callerâs inquiry and schedule an appointment when appropriate.Â
- Maintains and updates customer records and file.Â
- Identifies ways to improve operations and customer service.
Understands and can use Business Knowledge
- Advises customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintenance in accordance with factory recommended maintenance schedules.
- Utilizes basic technical knowledge to develop potential cause of problems.
- Provides additional vehicle information to technicians as needed.
- Explains technical information about repair to customers.Â
- Suggests additional services that service department offers, or vehicle is found to need.Â
- When necessary, assigns a particular technician to work on a car.Â
- Establishes knowledge base regarding product lines, services, vehicle maintenance schedules.
Applying the Basics
- Uses computer to look up customer’s service history, enter repair order information, and manage information.
- Accurately and completely fills out required documents for repair orders and other documentation.
- Follows all service department policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.Â
- Makes warranty and billing adjustments.Â
- References manuals, publications, and other written documents to obtain needed information.
- High School/GED preferred
- Valid and approved driverâs license according to the Bill Marsh Liability Insurance Company.
- Two years customer contact or sales experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS WORKING CONDITIONS
- Moving about the service department
- Using computer to look up information and write up orders
- Bending, stretching, lifting, reaching, and climbing
- Utilizing physical and manual dexterity
- Driving a vehicle (if properly licensed)
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Using equipment consistent with industry standards
- Using a video display terminalÂ
More jobs at Bill Marsh Automotive Group